October 17, 2017
Pumpkin spice is all the rage right now, and homemade cookies are a hallmark of RMHC Toronto. Try this perfect union of the two: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until combined, then add flour mixture. Beat on low until no raw flour appears, then fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop one-inch balls onto baking sheets, two inches apart, and bake until puffed up and golden around edges. (Approximately 12 minutes.)
- Serve and enjoy!