August 16, 2017
Home for Dinner groups have been serving the tastes of summer this month, including this fresh Watermelon Feta Salad. Try it at home with your family.
- 1 7-8 lb. seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into one inch chunks. Place chunks in a colander to drain as you chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat.
- Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad.