Full-time, Permanent position
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Family Room Coordinator, Scarborough Health Network to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of Family Rooms, the Family Room Coordinator, Scarborough Health Network, ensures and facilitates the smooth operation of the Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto Family Room as a support system to families with seriously ill children and infants in the hospital. The Family Room Coordinator, Scarborough Health Network, maintains a close rapport with all hospital staff, especially those who interact daily with the Family Room volunteers and families who use the Family Room.
- Ensure the Family Room operates according to the guidelines and protocols of RMHC Toronto, including stocking with necessary items and supplies.
- Responsible for the proactive and reactive identification of gaps, opportunities and challenges.
- Lean on the support of the Family Room and Volunteer Engagement teams, escalating issues as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Engagement team, recruit and train all volunteers for the Family Room.
- Proactively gauges the health of the volunteer workforce based on key performance indicators for recruitment and retention.
- Foster strong values-based relationships with hospital and other key stakeholders, such as families and community partners.
- Prepare accurate and timely administrative reports and documents, including statistics and analyses and Health & Safety reporting.
- Recruit, onboard and train volunteers.
- Identify operational concerns and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure consistency in implementation of policies and procedures by evaluating and monitoring Family Room operations.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in Social Services or Social Work or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in family focused environment. Experience working in healthcare, with vulnerable populations, or not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Experience in volunteer management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with families, hospital stakeholders and volunteers.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to facilitate training workshops.
- Strong organizational skills, with the abilities to manage multiple deliverables in a time-sensitive environment and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge in technology including Microsoft Office and other databases.
- Ability to manage sensitive situations with excellent judgment, compassion and discretion.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work occasional alternate shifts to ensure continued operations of the Family Room.
- Full G license with access to a vehicle is an asset.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- RRSP eligibility
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check and an immunization process as per hospital policy.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online by clicking “Apply Now“.