Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for two Part-Time Family Services Coordinators (rotating schedule) to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Family Services, the Family Services Coordinator is the first line of communication with the Guest Family and is responsible for welcoming and providing service to all families staying at the House or utilizing Family Rooms. The Family Services Coordinator facilitates the family intake and registration process and coordinates family stays at the House. This role provides families with resources to adapt to communal living and settling into Toronto while also ensuring adherence to policies and procedures to provide a safe, warm, comfortable, and compassionate environment for families, guests and volunteers.
- Welcome, register and acquaint residents to the House. Assist with family check-in / out. Ensure readiness of rooms and the facility and assign rooms to accommodate residents while assessing priorities of resident’s needs. Assist families with support needs and special requests as required.
- Act as the primary contact for the facility operations (RMHC Toronto House or Family Room at SickKids) or family issues that arise during their shift. Work closely with both the House and the Family Room teams to ensure both locations operate according to the guidelines and protocols of RMHC Toronto.
- Manage all aspects of security (property and persons) and report any related issues or concerns.
- Foster strong values-based relationships with all key stakeholders for both locations, acting as a contact for family referrals, admissions and support. Work closely with volunteers to engage and support as necessary to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for families.
- Understand the different needs for each location (House and Family Room at SickKids) prioritize and support appropriately.
- Prepare accurate and timely administrative reports and documentation as required for both locations, including maintaining up to date family records, directory and database.
- Complete administrative tasks such as answer phones, respond to emails and deliveries, process payments, data entry, filing, general office duties, manage waitlist and referral process, background checks, preparation for meetings, creating and distributing communication materials, etc.
- Assist with housekeeping and maintenance duties and various event and meeting set-up and execution.
- Participate in special projects and other duties, as required.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma.
- Minimum one (1) year’s experience in providing family support services or related services. Experience working in healthcare, with vulnerable populations or not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- CPR / First Aid Certification.
- Experience in volunteer management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with families, hospital stakeholders and volunteers.
- Excellent communication (verbal / written) and listening skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships. Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills, with the abilities to manage multiple deliverables in a time-sensitive environment and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent troubleshooting & conflict resolution skills.
- Working knowledge in technology including Microsoft Office and other databases.
- Ability to manage sensitive situations with excellent judgment, compassion and discretion.
- Outgoing and energetic abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in environments of significant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts, including evenings and weekends to support a 24-hour operation.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
- Opportunity to participate in RRSP
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online by clicking “Apply Now”.