Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Payroll & Finance Administrator to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll & Finance Administrator performs the timely and accurate processing of payroll and day-to-day accounting activities, including related journal entries, reconciliations, and period-end activities.
- Prepare and process timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll and employee expense reports, detecting and reconciling discrepancies and ensuring appropriate supporting documentation and authorization.
- Reconcile, prepare and process timely and accurate statutory payroll filings, summaries, and remittances within Canada Revenue Agency, benefit and pension providers (CRA) requirements (e.g., T4s, T4As, payroll source deductions, etc.).
- Process and issue Records of Employment (ROEs) within required deadlines and submit to government authorities.
- Update / maintain payroll processes and procedures.
- Respond to payroll questions or requests for information from Human Resources, management or employees.
- Process monthly credit card statements and perform full-cycle weekly accounts payable functions, ensuring supporting documentation and authorization prior to issuing payment.
- Prepare complete and accurate journal entries to facilitate the organization’s monthly financial reporting processes. Complete assigned month-end and year-end close functions.
- Reconcile room revenue for RMHC Toronto House.
- Prepare and remit bi-annual HST rebate within CRA deadline.
- Maintain physical inventory of IT hardware equipment.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in accounting / finance. Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) accreditation (or working towards it).
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of payroll experience, preferably with Payworks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge and understanding of accounts payable processes and practices, e.g. journal entries, general ledger structure, reconciliations, prepaid expenses, etc.
- Working knowledge of Canada Payroll Association requirements and standards and payroll best practices.
- Good verbal and written communication and customer service skills, with the ability to effectively interact with various audiences.
- Good analytical skills and excellent attention to detail to reconcile various documents / information sources, detect discrepancies and process accurate payroll and accounting transactions.
- Team-oriented self-starter with solid organizational skills, including the abilities to manage multiple deliverables in a time-sensitive environment and maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, PayWorks (or similar software) and at least basic proficiency with accounting software. Familiarity with Financial Edge is a definite asset.
- High degree of discretion and initiative with an appreciation of, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing environment and technology.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- A competitive compensation & health benefits package
- RRSP Program.
- Wellness days.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please click “Apply Now”, to submit your application.