Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Development Officer to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
Reporting into the Manager of Development, the Senior Development Officer will develop, implement, and manage strategic fundraising plans to meet annual performance goals and stretch targets of an assigned donor portfolio, which may include corporate, individual and foundation donors. This position will guide and manage the expansion from outreach to measurable outcomes, while ensuring compliance, accountability, and integrity. This role cultivates and maintains positive relationships with a portfolio of donors and prospects to deliver excellence in stewardship that demonstrates transparency, while sustaining and increasing revenue-generating potential.
- Act as primary relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of corporate, individual and / or foundation major gift donors ($5K+) to meet the revenue goals of the organization, as established in the Board-approved annual budget and strategic plan.
- Establish an effective stewardship program for donors, which includes appropriate reporting and engagement activities. Support all donations and requests for information to meet revenue goals.
- Identify and implement new opportunities for donors to support RMHC Toronto and / or its Family Room Program as its funding priorities.
- Assess and identify key funding needs for proposals that will inspire donors to support RMHC Toronto.
- Execute strategies to identify and build relationships with qualified potential donors, including using qualification tools and research capacity to create profiles. Contribute research and funding notes to qualify prospective donors.
- Build pipeline through prospect identification, tracking performance and reporting progress monthly.
- Establish goals to move donors up the giving cycle and solicit multi-year pledges.
- Maintain relationships with individual donors through the planning and implementation of an efficient, effective, and customer-evaluated stewardship program.
- Champion an active exchange with donors, through donor-facing / personal interactions and weekly portfolio calls. Attend and assist in development- and donor-organized events (cheque presentations, speaking opportunities, etc.).
- Prepare donor proposals, correspondence, briefing notes and other materials required for portfolio activities.
- Contribute ideas in creating meaningful donor recognition opportunities for RMHC Toronto and optimize the unique giving vehicles and collateral of RMHC Toronto.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in Fundraising, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education. CFRE designation an asset.
- Minimum seven (7) years progressive experience in a fundraising role, specifically, soliciting and closing donor gifts at the $5k+ level.
- Experience working in healthcare or not-for-profit organization is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of principles and techniques related to donor acquisition and retention, fundraising, annual campaigns, monthly giving, planned giving and corporate giving.
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with CRM databases (Raisers Edge / RE NXT).
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships. Proven ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Excellent project management skills, information-capture, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive fundraising goals.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently.
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Strong degree of comfort with ambiguity, but able to translate into tactical recommendations for directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- RRSP eligibility
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online by clicking “Apply Now“.