RMHC Toronto School
Open to patients and siblings of patients staying at the House
Teaches students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12
Located on the main floor of the House
Flexible and used to working with complicated treatment and appointment schedules
Welcoming and supportive learning environment
Supported by donations to RMHC Toronto, so there is no cost to attend
- All lessons are based on the Ontario Curriculum.
- Students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 receive instruction in all subjects
- Students in Grades 9 to 12 receive tutoring on secondary school coursework assigned through their hometown schools, e-learning platforms or the Independent Learning Centre of Ontario.
- One-on-one EASEL (Engaging Academic, Social and Emotional Learning) sessions are available for students who do not require full-day schooling.
- Enhanced programming, led by volunteers, including yoga, cooking classes and dance workshops are frequently interwoven into the regular school day.
- All students can participate in special monthly activities, including field trips and school fairs.
Classes at RMHC Toronto School operate from Monday to Friday, September to June:
- Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Grades 9 to 12: 1 to 3 p.m.
EASEL sessions are available for students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 at various times throughout the day depending on family’s preferences and staff schedules.
How to enroll
- RMHC Toronto School has rolling admission, meaning students can start at any time during the school year.
- School information sessions are held every Thursday at 3:15 p.m. in the School for families new to RMHC Toronto School. It is mandatory for families to attend a registration session before students can attend. Newly registered students start on Mondays.
- If you are a returning family, or a new family who is unable to attend a Thursday registration session, please call 416-977-0458 ext. 256 to schedule an alternative appointment time to arrange for school registration.