Be remembered for your caring heart and spirit of generosity.
Join our Legacy Giving Circle
You can make a promise to families and their seriously ill children that RMHC Toronto will always be here to support them.
By leaving a gift to RMHC Toronto in your will, you will join a very special group of donors who have made the ultimate gift – a gift that lasts past your lifetime and provides a legacy of support for generations to come.
Parents, guardians, siblings, and extended families all have heavy hearts when a child in their family is sick. And, with the support of our donors, we are here every single day to provide them comforts of home, vital programs, and compassion during their time of need.
How does leaving a gift in my will help?
The financial and emotional burdens can be overwhelming on families with a seriously ill child. For more than 40 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities® Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. Ensure we can continue to be here when families need us.
Over 5,300 families can stay together
In an average year, more than 5,300 families use the Ronald McDonald House in Toronto and our seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the GTA and in Sudbury.
Families save over $11.5M
According to the 2019 RBC Economic Impact Study, in an average year, RMHC Toronto saves Canadians $11.5M in out-of-pocket expenses likes accommodation and food while they are caring for their sick child.
Families can access 20+ supportive programs
We offer innovative programs and resources for playing, connecting, and learning to support the practical and emotional needs of adults and children.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can make a larger gift: Even giving a small portion of your estate to RMHC Toronto families can make a significant impact because it’s based on a lifetime of accumulation of assets.
- You can keep what you have now: You can maintain cash flow today and retain assets during your lifetime and still support RMHC Toronto.
- Flexible options: You can make a specific gift amount or a percentage of your estate.
- Estate Taxes Savings: Talk to your financial advisor and/or lawyer about the estate savings realized because of gift to RMHC Toronto families in your Will.
- Leaving a legacy: You are remembered for your generosity long after your lifetime.
- Time for planning: You don’t need to make a decision immediately. Leaving a gift to RMHC Toronto families allows for the opportunity to reflect on what matters most to you and the impact you want to make.
Download our Free Will Guide
Talk to your family about your intentions to leave a gift in your Will. We also recommend seeking professional advice to understand the tax benefits and to ensure your financial goals are considered.
We would be happy to speak in confidence with you. Please get in touch. It will give us the opportunity to thank you and, more importantly, to discuss what you hope your gift will help accomplish.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not at all. A gift of any amount is a thoughtful and generous way to keep families and their critically ill children together.
It’s flexible. Your gift can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or any amount that’s remaining after your estate’s other concerns are settled. It allows you to take care of both your loved ones and your favourite charities.
Please use our legal name: Toronto Children’s Care Inc.
You can indicate a specific dollar amount you want to donate or a percentage of the residue of your estate:
- Specific dollar amount: “I give to Toronto Children’s Care Inc., Charitable Registration # 11885 2631 RR0001, the sum of $________, to be used at the discretion of the organization”
- Percentage of the residue of your estate: “I give to Toronto Children’s Care inc., Charitable Registration # 11885 2631 RR0001 all, or _____% of the residue of my estate, to be used at the discretion of the organization.