Host a Virtual Fundraising Event
RMHC Toronto needs your support now more than ever. Support the immediate needs of families currently staying at Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto by joining our COVID-19 response campaign
Whatever you like to do for fun you can do to help families by raising funds for RMHC Toronto.
Step 1: Choose your fun!
From live-stream challenges to virtual birthday parties, there are many ways you can raise money to support RMHC Toronto. Here are some ideas to help inspire you to fundraise:
Step 2: Set your goal.
- Host a live-stream challenge – Go live on social media to do something to engage and entertain your followers if you reach your fundraising goal (shave your head, do 100 squats, run 5k)
- Host a virtual birthday party – Ask for donations in lieu of gifts. Host your birthday festivities using NetflixParty or the Houseparty app to have some fun while you’re at it!
- Host a game-streaming fundraiser – Tiltify allows you to add fundraising to your Twitch stream
- Host a class – Live stream a class for other people to join. Ask people to make a donation to your fundraiser to access your class. (Zumba, dance lesson, art class, knitting tutorials, etc)
Choose a fundraising goal that will help you to challenge yourself but is still attainable. Consider aiming for one of these milestones:
Step 3: Set up your fundraising page.
- $183 equates to the Gift of Nights. This is the cost for a family to stay at RMHC Toronto for one night.
- $2,500 is the cost of a home cooked meal to all families staying at RMHC Toronto during the COVID-19 crisis.
- $5,490 equates to the Gift of Nights to one family for 30 days, our average length of stay.
(or our COVID-19 Response Campaign
) to set up your online fundraising page. Tax receipts will be emailed to your donors automatically, and you can monitor your fundraising progress! Make sure to specify in the drop-down menu that you are fundraising for RMHC Toronto.
Step 4: Share your fundraiser with friends and family.
Consider sharing the link to your fundraising page on social media. You can ask your friends to donate the money they may not be spending right now, (i.e. cost of commuting, hair styling, weekly coffee, etc.)
We are here to help
We’d love to support you by:
- providing event planning advice and expertise
- offering online fundraising tools and branded collateral (stickers, fact sheets, etc.)
- sending a support letter from RMHC Toronto that validates the authenticity of your event
- including your fundraiser in our online Calendar of Events
- providing use of the “In Support of RMHC Toronto” logo, if applicable
- issuing tax receipts according to Canada Revenue Agency Guidelines, if applicable
For information and support for raising awareness in your community, please contact Justin Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate in the subject line what your email pertains to.